Striking the Kgalagadi Trans Frontier Park in January while a heat wave is sweeping through the country is no joke. Forty Five degrees Celsius was the norm with animals hiding under every inch of shade during midday. Luckily for me I got some amazing sightings during my two week stay with lots of photographic opportunities….
PAN PAN PAN PAN PAN !!!!!!…. These are often the words you will hear while on safari with me . Today I’d like to take a brief look at the topic of panning– that of photographing moving subjects. The basic idea behind panning as a technique is that you pan your camera along in…
A friend of mine and founder of Phototalk / Phototalk Safaris recently emailed me a fascinating photo taken during a recent photo safari to Botswana! This photo captures beautifully how a pride of lions is trying to avoid the extreme heat in Africa by enjoying the cooler road surface offered by the shade provided by…
Using reflections in photography can lead to some amazing effects and beautiful images. The amateur photographer often discovers that a reflection has brought something rather unique to his photo . For the professional photographer his ability to use reflections is a powerful tool in his arsenal of skills! Using water, windows, mirrors or any sort…
South Africa is blessed with sun, sea, sand and the most beautiful beaches! This past December hundreds of thousands of South Africans were once more able to enjoy these blessings on our coastline and were also joined by thousands of tourists escaping the bitterly cold of the Northern Hemisphere! The most beautiful and well cared…
- Should we use photos of horror crashes in Road Safety Campaigns?
- The Parlotones say goodbye ahead of their tour to the U.S.A
- The Nikon D4 after 20 000 images
- How important is coordination between the wedding planner and wedding photographer?
- UK tourists harassed by lions at Rooiputs in the Kgalagadi
- Photographer captures devastation caused by Knysna Fires
- Barloworld Transport shows beauty of South Africa with #ViewFromTheRoad Campaign
- Get Into Rugby Blitz tournament in Mdantsane Inspires our Youngsters
- In conversation with Hugh-Daniel Grobler, photographer based in Gansbaai
- Toyota Free State Cheetahs player Robert Ebersohn centred in the lens of Gerhard Steenkamp