I’m in the Kgalagadi at the moment for a short stay of six nights. Except for lot of great sightings there is also lots of other action going on at the moment! Yesterday we had a thunderstorm that swept through Twee Revieren leaving the camp site looking like a river in flow and with my…
Striking the Kgalagadi Trans Frontier Park in January while a heat wave is sweeping through the country is no joke. Forty Five degrees Celsius was the norm with animals hiding under every inch of shade during midday. Luckily for me I got some amazing sightings during my two week stay with lots of photographic opportunities….
A friend of mine and founder of Phototalk / Phototalk Safaris recently emailed me a fascinating photo taken during a recent photo safari to Botswana! This photo captures beautifully how a pride of lions is trying to avoid the extreme heat in Africa by enjoying the cooler road surface offered by the shade provided by…
This is still the best description i have read to describe what’s going on in a photographers mind. Definitely a strange bunch. “Photographers. We’re strange, right? We can’t stop. We run when others walk. We work when others relax. We have no sense of weekends, holidays, time off, time on, or time in general, except…
Justice is blind we hear…or is it? This was the question as the referee Dr Brand Claasen was assisted onto the rugby pitch in Bloemfontein. The event was a rugby match between lawyers – advocates on the one side and attorneys on the other. In a match played hard, physical but also with lots of…
- ER24 | Saving, Touching & Changing Lives Photo Competition
- Is my best photo worthy of photo insurance cover?
- Getting Sharp images starts with a Tripod
- Lesotho plays Sudan in its second 2014 Fifa World Cup qualifier at the Setsoto Stadium, in Maseru, on Sunday 10 June 2012
- Frikkie Kapp on Street Photography
- Photographer captures devastation caused by Knysna Fires
- Barloworld Transport shows beauty of South Africa with #ViewFromTheRoad Campaign
- Get Into Rugby Blitz tournament in Mdantsane Inspires our Youngsters
- In conversation with Hugh-Daniel Grobler, photographer based in Gansbaai
- Toyota Free State Cheetahs player Robert Ebersohn centred in the lens of Gerhard Steenkamp