Hugh-Daniel practically grew up with a passion for rugby. A horrific accident on the field ended his rugby career but this would lead to new and exciting ventures in photography. Hugh-Daniel is based in Gansbaai and has an immense love of nature. He lives for that golden hours along the coast of the Western Cape….
Marlon is a Field Guide at Singita Sabi Sand . An adventurous person by nature, Marlon has been immersed in Africa and its beauty from a young age. As a Field Guide Marlon specialises in connecting travellers with the secret lives of some of the most amazing creatures in the wild. …
I’m in the Kgalagadi at the moment for a short stay of six nights. Except for lot of great sightings there is also lots of other action going on at the moment! Yesterday we had a thunderstorm that swept through Twee Revieren leaving the camp site looking like a river in flow and with my…
How exactly does one catch that ultra fast lightning bolt on camera? I have been struggling with this for a couple of months now and last night I finally figured out how to do it. I have read tons of articles on this subject and there are a mentions of quite a few ways to…
A friend of mine and founder of Phototalk / Phototalk Safaris recently emailed me a fascinating photo taken during a recent photo safari to Botswana! This photo captures beautifully how a pride of lions is trying to avoid the extreme heat in Africa by enjoying the cooler road surface offered by the shade provided by…
Mokala National Park is one of the newest national assets of the National Parks in South Africa and the uncut diamond of the rich diamond fields of the Northern Cape. Where is the Mokala National Park? It is situated in the Plooysburg area south-west of Kimberley in the Northern Cape and offers visitors unspoilt views…
Do you sometimes stop to browse through a publication on the coffee table – not wishing to be interrupted and in awe at the brilliant images of nature captured by the photographer? We stopped at the Photo and Film Expo and took the time to introduce ourselves to one such kind photographer Heinrich van den…
- How to shoot Interior Photos with the Nikon 14 – 24 mm F2.8 lens
- What are the typical terms and terminology to be found in a camera insurance policy?
- South African swimmer and Olympic qualifier Charl Crous through the lens
- Guest Photographer – Anton Joubert
- Lions create their own unique roadblock in Africa!
- Photographer captures devastation caused by Knysna Fires
- Barloworld Transport shows beauty of South Africa with #ViewFromTheRoad Campaign
- Get Into Rugby Blitz tournament in Mdantsane Inspires our Youngsters
- In conversation with Hugh-Daniel Grobler, photographer based in Gansbaai
- Toyota Free State Cheetahs player Robert Ebersohn centred in the lens of Gerhard Steenkamp