I recently received a request from Paul Edgar for a quote to cover his wedding in July this year. I’m busy with my 480 Days Project at that time and therefore can’t help him on the date selected for the wedding. I must admit that I rather like the questions that he asked to acquire…
If I can pinpoint one characteristic of my wedding photos it is using a 300 mm F2.8 lens to capture portraiture during weddings. Sometimes it is a good thing to come out of one’s comfort zone and try something totally different, and that is just what I did at the last two weddings I captured…
A while ago I wrote a post about decisive moments in sports photography. What is a decisive moment? “The decisive moment, it is the simultaneous recognition, in a fraction of a second, of the significance of an event as well as the precise organization of forms which gives that event its proper expression.” – Henri…
In modern wedding photography photos of all the detail during a couples big day play a major role in a wedding package. Sadly this is still neglected by many wedding photographers. In South Africa in certain areas photographers tend to concentrate more on the detail than in other areas by other photographers. Especially in the…
These days almost all the modern SLR digital cameras got a setting where one can choose between front curtain flash and rear curtain flash. It is just a pity that such a few people know what this stands for. Okay in short this is what it is suppose to be. Say your shutter on your…
The wedding photographer is a very important person at any wedding. It is up to him to capture those special moments and memories to last a lifetime. What do we need to know about our wedding photographer and are we making the right decisions in selecting the photographer? We decided to approach an experienced wedding…
- Mark Lawrence – The Optometrist Referee with both eyes focused on the Currie Cup Final 2011
- Conversations with Lindsay Mould, President of Free State Rugby Union
- Do you have the best 4×4 shocks for your photo safari?
- Varsity Cup is more than just a clash between 2 rugby sides!
- A Glossary of Photographic Terms
- Delarey Guestfarm an oasis near Yzerfontein in the heart of the West Coast Flower Region
- Photographer captures devastation caused by Knysna Fires
- Barloworld Transport shows beauty of South Africa with #ViewFromTheRoad Campaign
- Get Into Rugby Blitz tournament in Mdantsane Inspires our Youngsters
- In conversation with Hugh-Daniel Grobler, photographer based in Gansbaai